Handcrafted Vacations: 8-Day Classic Egypt All-Inclusive Package
- Discover Egypt’s most famous and amazing sites including the Pyramids of Giza, Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, Historic Cairo, Temples of Luxor and Karnak, Valley of the Kings, Philae and Alexandria
- • This all-inclusive package includes hotels, attraction fees, transportation throughout Egypt, most meals and bottled water throughout your trip
- • Enjoy a worry-free vacation escorted by a knowledgeable, English-speaking local guide from the moment you arrive until you leave Egypt
- • Have access to your own personal travel advisor 24/7
- • Enjoy seamless travel throughout your trip with a private air-conditioned vehicle and domestic flights from Cairo to Aswan and Luxor to Cairo (included in the tour price).
- • Sail on a three-night luxury Nile cruise
- • Choose from three- to five-star accommodations, based on your desired budget
Day 1 : Arrival at Cairo
Upon arriving at Cairo International Airport, you’ll be greeted by your local Egyptian tour manager and transferred to your hotel in Cairo. There will be time to settle in and rest after your flight.
Day 2 : Pyramids of Giza, Egyptian Museum & Historic Cairo
Travel to the awe-inspiring Giza Plateau for a guided visit of the Great Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren and Mycerinus. Here you will also experience the famous Sphinx and Valley Temple. Your tour continues at Cairo’s National Museum which houses more than 250,000 Egyptian artifacts, including the famous Mummy Room and much of the gold-laden contents of King Tut’s tomb. Finally, you’ll visit Historic Cairo, an UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the world’s largest Islamic districts. Famous for its mosques, madrassas and fountains, this citadel was founded in the 10th century and became the center of the Islamic World, reaching its peak in the late 14th century. Visit the Saladin Citadel and the beautiful Alabaster Mosque. Next, we'll see Coptic Cairo including the Hanging Church and Ben Ezra Synagogue. You’ll also have the opportunity to shop at the 700-year-old Khan el-Khalili Bazaar which features everything from handmade carpets and stained-glass lamps to sparkling silverware and gold artifacts.
Day 3 : Fly to Aswan / Sightseeing at Philae
A private, air-conditioned vehicle will transfer you to Cairo Airport for a short flight to Aswan. Visit the world famous High Dam, built in the 1960s to help regulate flooding of the Nile and preserve the surrounding ancient landmarks. At Philae, explore the Sanctuary of Isis, one of the last temples built in the classical Egyptian style. Started in 690 B.C., the cult of Isis continued here until 537 A.D. and was one of the last places where the goddess was worshiped. In the evening, the temple comes alive with a spectacular sound and light show. You will also see the Unfinished Obelisk, the largest known ancient obelisk. Then, enjoy an early dinner on board the cruise and stay overnight aboard the boat.
Day 4 : Kom Ombo and Edfu
We’ll dock at Kom Ombo and visit the renowned Kom Ombo Temple rising over the Nile’s bank. Built from 189-47 BC, this temple features beautiful reliefs and decorated columns. Next, we’ll sail to Edfu and visit the Horus Temple. One of the most well-preserved monuments from ancient Egypt, the Horus Temple was built from 237-57 BC to commemorate the falcon-headed Horus, son of Isis and Osiris. The temple is famous for is beautiful courtyard, giant hieroglyphics and dazzling friezes. Finally, we’ll sail to Esna for dinner and stay overnight onboard the boat.
Day 5 : Luxor West Bank
Continuing on our Nile cruise, we’ll journey to Luxor and visit the Valley of the Kings on the west side of the Nile. In the times of ancient Thebes, people lived on the east side (where the sun rose) and were buried on the west side (where the sun set). Throughout these areas are an unknown number of hidden tombs (only around 60 have been discovered so far), including the famous tomb of King Tutankhamun. Visit the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut, ancient Village of Deir el-Medina and Colossi of Memnon. Then, we will continue sailing and stay overnight in the modern city of Luxor.
Day 6 : Karnak and Luxor Temples / Flight to Cairo
Disembark from the cruise and visit the Temples of Karnak and Luxor on the east side of the Nile. The Luxor Temple was built around 1400 B.C. to worship Amun Ra, the King of the Gods. Follow the remains of the Avenue of Sphinxes, a one-and-a-half-mile statue-lined promenade that connects the Luxor Temple to Karnak Temple. Constructed over a period of 1500 years, this great complex was called “the most perfect of places” and served as the most important place of worship in all of Egypt. Covering nearly 200 acres, Karnak is the largest religious building ever made. While it’s hard to see all of it in one visit, be sure to explore the Great Temple of Amun, the Temple of Khonsu and the Temple of Ptah. After your visit, travel to Luxor Airport for a short return flight to Cairo. You’ll be transferred from the airport to a hotel in Cairo where you’ll stay overnight.
Day 7 : Alexandria
Experience a day trip to Alexandria. Founded in 331 BC by Alexander the Great, this legendary city was once home to the Pharos Lighthouse, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and the Great Library of Alexandria. Both are long gone but you can still visit the sight of the lighthouse which is now home to a 14th-century fort. Explore the Citadel of Qaitbay along with other major attractions such as St. Mark Church and the Abbo Elabbas Mosque. Then, return to Cairo where you’ll stay overnight.
Day 8 : Return Flight Home
Enjoy leisure time in the morning followed by transfer to Cairo International Airport for your return flight home.
- Meet and greet service by representatives at airports
- Assistance of guest relations during your stay
- All transfers to/from airport and hotel by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Domestic flight ticket Cairo to Aswan and Luxor to Cairo
- Accommodation for 4 nights in Cairo including daily breakfast
- Accommodation for 3 nights on Nile cruise including daily meals
- All sightseeing tours in Cairo
- All sightseeing tours on Nile cruise
- Day tour to Alexandria
- English-speaking tour guide during your trips (other languages by request)
- Entrance fees to all sites as indicated on itinerary
- Meals at hotel, Nile cruise and as listed in itinerary
- Bottled water during the trip
- Portage when needed
- 300 minutes of local calling (5 minutes international) and mobile phone loaned for length of your stay or an Egyptian sim card for your unlocked mobile device
- All service charges and taxes
- International Airfare
- Entry visa to Egypt
- Any optional tours
- Personal spending
- Tipping US$ 7.00/person/day will collect upon arrival for all Hotel and Nile cruise stuff and to all drivers (exclude Guide Tipping)
- Entrance inside the Pyramids and visit of the Solar Boat in the Pyramids area
- Whispers at Egypt Museum US$ 2 P.P (obligatory starting from 5 Pax), to be paid directly to your guide on the spot
- Beverage, drinks during meals and in Nile cruise
- Entrance fee of burial chamber inside the great Pyramid (US$ 27.00 per person), second or third Pyramid (US$ 11.00 per person)
- Solar Boat in Pyramids’ area (US$ 12.00 per person)
- Entrance fee inside the Mummies’ room at the Egyptian Museum (US$ 14.00 per person)